Lake Forest, IL (July 20, 2011)
The KL1 is Kirby Lester's smallest, most affordable tablet counter ever.
- Kirby Lester, LLC, the world's leading pharmacy automation provider, unveiled its latest innovation: the KL1 compact tablet counter. The KL1 is the smallest and most affordable pharmacy counter ever: at just 6 pounds and 6" wide, the KL1 will fit into even the most crowded pharmacy workspace.
Kirby Lester will introduce the KL1 in Las Vegas, NV today at the Cardinal Health Retail Business Conference.
In 1971, Kirby Lester changed the way pharmacists dispensed medications with the introduction of the first tabletop counter. Over the next 40 years, the Kirby Lester tablet counter became a mainstay atop pharmacy dispensing stations. Each new model that Kirby Lester released (KL7, KL8, KLX and the KL15e) was an improvement over the preceding model. The new KL1 is the product of Kirby Lester's expertise in counting accuracy, ease of use and overall efficiency. The KL1 makes the fifth new product launch in five years from Kirby Lester.
"The Kirby Lester name is synonymous with accurate medication dispensing. While we have spent the past six years designing highly advanced, computerized dispensing systems, we have always stayed true to our heritage of building the simplest, most accurate and affordable tablet counters the world has ever used," says Garry Zage, R.Ph., Kirby Lester's President and CEO. "I am very proud that we have been able to develop and release our newest table top counter, the KL1 and our KL60 robot in the last 18 months. Kirby Lester alone can offer pharmacies a full line of options from accurate and fast tabletop counting to robotic dispensing."
Kirby Lester will continue to offer the classic KL15e tablet counter alongside the new KL1. The KL1 is the ideal tablet counter for any volume pharmacy, and especially helpful for space-constrained pharmacies. With the world-renowned Kirby Lester counting technology inside, the KL1 includes innovative features such as inventory mode, partial pill indicator and an ergonomically designed tray.
The KL1's major features are:
About Kirby Lester
- Compact design inspired by feedback from our 40,000 customers worldwide (just 6"W x 12"H)
- Fast operation (15-18 tablets/second)
- Partial pill indicator maintains filling integrity
- Inventory mode: keeps count when the tray is being emptied
- Ergonomically designed tray with left/right pouring
- Simple cleaning
- No calibration needed; counts any size tablet or capsule up to 22mm long
- Patented counting technology inside allows the KL1 to count tablets much faster and more accurately than any competing technology
Kirby Lester is by far the world's longest-operating pharmacy automation provider. Established in 1971, Kirby Lester maintains the largest market share of automatic tablet/capsule counter sales in the United States, plus 40 other countries. More Kirby Lester counters are used to dispense prescriptions in retail, mail order, hospital and long-term care pharmacies and manufacturing facilities than any other automated counting system; 40,000 pharmacies worldwide rely on Kirby Lester for their counting needs...exactly! For more information, contact Kirby Lester at 847.984.3377 or www.kirbylester.com